List All Test Names Beginning With:
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
There are 2 laboratories in the Calgary zone that perform Cytogenetic Studies.
Information for CLS staff:
If a blood test is requested on a:
- CLS 'Chromosome & FISH Studies - Cancer Cytogenetics' requisition, order Cancer Cytogenetics - Blood
- AHS 'Requisition for Constitutional Cytogenetic Services - Karyotype, FISH and RAD', order Cytogenetics, Constitutional - Blood or Rapid Aneuploidy Detection (if test checked off).
- AHS 'Chromosomal Microarray (CMA) Analysis' requisition, order Cytogenetics by Microarray.
Information for ordering physicians:
Calgary Laboratory Services Cancer Cytogenetics laboratory performs chromosome or FISH studies on the following:
- Blood for cancer or leukemia diagnosis or follow-up: Cancer Cytogenetics - Blood
- Bone Marrow: Bone Marrow for Cancer Cytogenetics
- Tumour tissue and lymph nodes: Lymph Node and Tumour Specimens for Cancer Cytogenetics
The AHS Constitutional Cytogenetics laboratory located at the Alberta Children's Hospital performs karyotype, FISH, RAD and chromosomal microarray studies on the following:
- Blood - all other non-cancer: Cytogenetics, Constitutional - Blood, Cytogenetics by Microarray or Rapid Aneuploidy Detection
- Amniotic fluid: Cytogenetics, Constitutional - Amniotic Fluid
- Other tissue such as skin, placenta, fetal, etc.: Cytogenetics, Constitutional - Tissues